Roadmaps for innovative smart metering services
For project regions of Romania and Poland where the smart metering regulation and technology are less developed and defined, roadmaps for innovative smart metering services are being created to enable the uptake of best practise smart metering services. The responsible regulators and decision-makers as well as market actors will be involved in the process of development of these roadmaps.
The content of the roadmap for innovative smart metering services will be the following:
- identification of the starting point (critical review of law concerning smart metering issue, potential of smart meter market, main technological issues concerning smart grids concept, driving forces for smart metering, barriers to smart metering, smart metering related services, SWOT of smart metering deployment)
- identification of main stakeholders and their involvement
- actions (projects) proposed to be undertaken by main stakeholders
- identification of smart metering initiatives
- roadmap input (stakeholder participation, resource constraints, critical inputs, roadmap components, promotion and dissemination, monitoring and tracking)
- national smart metering platform
- roadmap preliminary schedule
- estimative measure costs for reaching the target
- indicative key performance indicators
Roadmaps are also expected to be used in the frame of the EU's 3rd Electricity and Gas legislative package and for developing and implementing new smart metering services in the respective countries.
To prepare the roadmaps the guidelines was prepared. This informative document served as a template for the Polish and Romanian partners.